I make work for children, adults and once unicorns.
I write about loss, everyday grief and unexpected mourning.
I write about wonder.
Your being here is pretty wonderful.
Visits & Teaching
I teach on mindfulness, empathy, writing, and silence, and I can't wait to share THE SOUND OF SILENCE with you at your school.
I've taught writing for The Writing Faculty, Kikokushijo Academy and at The Kingsley Montessori School.
I was thrilled to develop and teach a class on empathy at 826 Boston for MIT's The Dalai Lama Center for Ethics and Transformative Values and WGBH Boston.
This is a randomizer. With each refresh, view past lives of mine.
- I worked as an on-camera TV reporter for NHK-World in Tokyo
- Once, I was a cryptozoologist and storyteller at the Bigfoot Research Institute
- I was an editor at the Drum Literary Magazine.
- Dame Judi Dench never met me, but still, she was my patron at The London Academy of Theater where I studied.
- We traveled for two years in our intergenerational caravan, youngest member 6 months, oldest member 73 years old. We lived for months at a time in Morocco, New Zealand, Kazakhstan and the Kyrgyz Republic, and Colombia.
- I live in a beautiful mountain town in Colombia with five chickens and five other humans.
- For a year and a half I danced in Megan Metcalf's 29 Friends.
- For Tokyo Art Beat I was once an editor.
- I was an Earhart Fellow in Journalism and Sociology at Boston University
- I collected oral histories of multiracial people for the Brooklyn Historical Society
- I was a Yellow Arrow Archer
- I played Fuego in Breath, Boom by the amazing Kia Corthron, directed by Michael Garces at the Huntington Theater
- I am a founding board member of Union Docs in Brooklyn
- I was in the original cast of Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind in New York.
- I'm a graduate of the National Theater Institute, Fall '99
- I once gave out panini samples. For work. But mostly gave entire platters to homeless people. And nearly got fired.
- As a teenager I liked my parents. Like I would whisper I'm not here. when friends called so I could hang out at home. Taurus.
- My novel in progress has unicorns and strange mourning rituals and So.Much.Tokyo.
- To date I've created 6 of my own mourning rituals.
- Salon Make is an awesome day long group art making project that you should be involved in. Write me.
Or be notified